Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gettin' Ready for School


Okay, so school is still like a month and a half  away, but I need a new backpack.  So, I thought I could make one.  The backpacks at Walmart and Target are good quality, but I don't like the designs.  So, when I was at Hancock Fabric's with my mom, I got 3 yards of 2 different fabrics:



I think they go pretty well together.  Then I remembered that I needed a pattern.  So I decided on a style.  Since I'm gonna be in the 7th Grade, I'll need a good-sized bag that's strong and long lasting. 
Strong + Big + Long Lasting = Messenger Bag
So that's what I decided on. So today I finally started looking for a pattern.  What do you think of this one?


I think that the chicken-ish fabric should be on the outside with the other fabric that I have no idea what it is called on the inside.  Hopefully I can get all this done and ready for school!



3 comments:

  1. I love the chicken fabric! Nice pattern, too. So much more interesting than one from Walmart; yours will be one of a kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd call that other fabric sort of a houndstooth check. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll look forward to seeing your new messenger bag at the guild meeting!

    ReplyDelete