Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 1 - Chicken Salad

(Mom says to tell you guys that that is Green Tea, not beer.  But they do love their beer. :)

1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon terriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
juice of lemon
2 celery stalks
1/2 cup bean sprouts

Ok, so the first thing I did was cut the chicken breast (uncooked) into small bite sized pieces.  I then put the pieces in to a skillet with the olive oil and cooked till they were a tan color.
After the chicken was done cooking, I mixed the mayonnaise, terriyaki sauce, mustard, and lemon juice in a bowl.

Then I chopped up the celery stalks into small pieces and stored them in the fridge.

Afterwards, I combined the chicken with the sauce, making sure to coat each piece.

Then I put that in the fridge and waited about an hour.

It turns out that there was not enough chicken between the three of us, so I made a salad and just threw the chicken on and topped it with the celery pieces (you can also add the bean sprouts over the top, but I didn't have any of those).


DONE. 

(The sauce that I made for the chicken actually turned out tasting like Thousand Island Salad Dressing, so I thought it was perfect with the salad.)

Mom - 4 stars.  The flavor was great.  The only problem was that I might be hungry later.
Dad - I like the way the chicken had been pan fried, and I enjoyed the way the meal was presented.

DESSERT

To solve mom's hunger issue, I whipped up some banana peanut butter treats.  I used peanut butter, banana slices and those "Coco" multi grain pop cakes that you can get at Wegmans  (we call them "fake bread" :).



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun week :D Great step by step pics. I'll bet Mom is enjoying a week off from dinner prep, too.

    ReplyDelete