Friday, March 30, 2012

Best Friday EVER!!!

As you might have noticed from the title, this is the best Friday EVER!!!  You know how when you're having a bad day, one bad thing happens, then something else bad happens, and it just keeps going downhill from there?  Well, today everything just went uphill.


This morning I finished packing my lunch and getting all ready for school early, so I had a little bit of extra time.  I spent that time enjoying a nice big cup of black coffee.  I was all relaxed and the coffee just tasted really good.  (Recently my language arts teacher had us write an "Happiness Is..." poem, and one of my metaphors was, "Happiness Is... a warm mug of black coffee." :)


Then, in 3rd period Spanish, our teacher decided to spend the class period singing songs in Spanish.  We sang "Waka Waka" by Shakira (Spanish version).  It was so much fun that we decided to make a video of us all singing Waka Waka, so we did.  Everybody went up to the front of the classroom (except me which I really regret) and we turned on the music and sang and danced while two of the members from the Geek Squad filmed.  Even though I stayed in my seat, I still ended up in the video...  It was so much fun!  And even though I didn't go up to the front of the room, I still sang along.


After 3rd period, we all went to lunch.  We were all still talking about the Shakira video, when all the Life Learners (autistic kids) came in, all of them wearing sunglasses and waving their arms around - one of the teachers holding a boom box on their shoulder.  They were all making motions for us to get up and dance with them, so  a couple of kids ran over.  They turned on the music and walked around the cafeteria looking like they were having a lot of fun.  I was still upset that I didn't get up and be in the video, so I convinced my friends to come with me and we ran over to the group and danced marching around the border of the cafeteria and in the lunch line.  Every couple seconds another group of kids would run over to the back of the line.  Pretty soon we were all yelling and dancing and IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!

After lunch, we all had to actually do our school work, so I headed to 5th period math.  I had to retake a quiz, and I was really worried.  When I started the quiz, I realized that the retake quiz was the same quiz that I didn't do so well on.  I was so relieved!  I had been studying the old quiz, so now I knew all the answers!  I finished the quiz really fast, but I felt really confident about how I'd done.  I am sure that I got 100%.  I won't know until after Spring Break, but I was just so surprised at the easiness of the quiz.

In the middle of math class, the bell rang for 7th period which for me is Physical Education.  Our P.E. unit right now really hasn't been my favorite until today.  Badminton and Tennis.  Last P.E. class I could NOT serve AT ALL.  I have always been terrible at Badminton.  But today I partnered up with my friend Zoe and we practiced serves.  Every single time I hit the birdie, it would sell over the net gracefully, landing right where I wanted.  I was so happy!  It was like I had learned overnight!

After P.E., I had history.  I went into history very worried about a quiz we were supposed to have today.  Sarah, who sat across from me was freaking out as well.  When she asked our teacher how many questions the quiz had, he replied 300 short answer questions, each a paragraph in length.  (Ha,ha.)  When we were finally able to get him to tell us the truth, he said there was no quiz today.  His first period class hadn't gotten to it, so he didn't think it would be fair for us to have to take it.  Yay!!!

And to make things even better, I found that I got a 100% on my Spanish Family Tree.  I hadn't gotten ANYTHING wrong, on the presentation, poster, or paragraphs about my family.  It turns out there was only a couple of people who got 100%, and I was one of them!  Also, on Wednesday we took our unit test on the Pythagorean theorem and our class average was a 95.7%.  This meant that our class would get to wear jeans our first Friday back from Spring Break.  (Since we have uniforms at our school, whenever a class gets an average of 94% or more, they get to wear jeans that Friday).

This day has been so amazing and I'm so happy that I have a God who cares for me and planned this all out - just so that I could have a great day.

(And to top this all off, we are having Turtle Creme Pie for dessert to celebrate the start of Spring Break).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day that makes up for some of the rotten ones. :)

    Your story about the dancing and singing reminded me of something we watched in one of my grad school classes. Not exactly what you're talking about, but I think it has something to do with what it takes to stand up and join others doing something that might make you feel a little silly at first.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ

    ReplyDelete